Friday, December 7, 2012

loose leaves




It's kind of unreal to look at all of these pictures and think about how much has changed since the last time I've posted here. I've been meaning to come back every so often and at least post my monthstagrams, but the past couple of months have consisted of the most challenging and trying times I've ever had to endure. For this quarter of architecture, I had to construct a large scale model of my design using real construction techniques, which involved a ton of work, weeks of living in my car and crashing on couches, and a lot of sleepless nights. I went to a lot of shows this quarter, some of which were the best I've ever been to. (Can I geek out a bit over how good the Conor Oberst and Jenny Lewis show was??!?!?) I also made some really good friends in studio. Like really, really, really good friends.




But somewhere along the way, I lost myself completely. I grew ignorant to the things that were happening around me and oblivious to the things happening to me. I developed unhealthy habits and lost the trust of some really important people in my life. If it weren't for the few friends who sat me down and encouraged me to get back on track, I probably wouldn't have composed myself in time to complete my studio project for this quarter. I am so grateful for those who believed in me when I was so quick to give up and resort to my unhealthy ways. I owe them so much more than I feel like I am currently capable of giving. I hope that I'll soon be well enough to appropriately express my gratitude. I hope that I'll soon be well enough to enjoy the holiday season because it's my favorite time of the year. But for now, I feel like I should dedicate the first portion of my winter break to sleep, which I have missed so dearly and am in dire need of.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the 'let's spoon' spoon is just too good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it so cute? they were selling it at my school's farmstore and i'm tempted to go back and buy one!

      Delete